November 12th, 2021
The Monthly Download: October 2021
By Zara Glidden
- Another month, another new CMS. This one looks built on top of some pretty awesome technologies, though, and might be worth looking into if you’re in the need of a new CMS.
- Mario64 was ported to iOS, which kind of still boggles our minds.
- New to TypeScript? Check out these tricks.
Content & SEO
- Are multiple domains a net positive or negative for SEO? Here’s Search Engine Journal’s take on how you can best analyze a multi-domain SEO program.
- Product-Led Content Strategy is at the heart of the work we do for many of our clients, and it’s an ever-evolving art. More on our approach coming soon!
- Google announced its timeline for new page experience updates: starting in February 2022, they’ll be bringing page experience ranking to desktop.
- Much has been made of a site leaking social security numbers in plain text, and it looks like the state government of Missouri is doubling down on persecuting reports for making the information public.
Around the Techno-Sphere
- Facebook is now Meta. We’ll see how that goes. Enough said.
- Amazon copied products and rigged search results to promote its own brands. We're in shock.
- Daring Fireballs take on the latest Macbook Pro. The pro is back.
- Lego’s Home Alone house set includes 4,000 pieces of bandit-stopping traps: Not exactly technology related...but something lighthearted and fun for the holidays.
- Stardew Valley’s creator announces pixel-art followup Haunted Chocolatier Another lighthearted story (sometimes you just need a break!) - fans of Stardew Valley are sure to be excited about this announcement.
- 7 essential Android 12 features to tap on day one. Google’s new operating system is here - check out Popular Science’s guide to get the most out of the new OS.