Monthly Download / October 7th, 2021
The Monthly Download: September 2021
By Zara Glidden
Content & SEO
- Shopping and search are getting more aligned. Google is rolling out features ahead of the 2021 holiday season and we do suspect this is because of the concern around an anemic buying season: Read more on Shopping!
- Not only is google rolling out features and updates, they are telling you want to do to get right with the search engine for shopping and ecommerce: Key info on best practices.
- If you are interested in MUM - read Google’s information on this new feature: https://blog.google/products/search/introducing-mum/
- Updates on E-A-T and Links - in case you weren’t already confused.
- A guide for some of the “shoppable” updates forthcoming.
- The SolarWinds hack has prompted some major examination of software / hardware security across corporate America. It’s continually unfortunate that these events are the items that spark conversations around security, but thankfully we’re at least having those conversations.
- Brian Krebs (of Krebs on Security) was hit by a large botnet recently. It goes to show - even if you’re a security researcher studying and writing about this, you’re just as vulnerable as everyone else.
Around the Techno-Sphere
- Steven never knew he needed this until he found it - the super nerdy Devterm from Clockwork
- Pi.ZDNet - We've touched on government regulations before, and here's another one. The German government wants to ensure that smartphones last longer and that spare parts for repairs are reasonably priced. Like the end of the article says, if the German government can accomplish this, it will be a win for both consumers and the planet.