Monthly Download / August 5th, 2021
The Monthly Download: July 2021
By Zara Glidden
Design & UX
- Why does the new menu exist for creating new empty files? A closer look from the folks over at Microsoft on a piece of UX history that many might not know.
- Some of us on the development team love the community built around dev.to, and we’re glad to see the underlying platform open itself up.
- I have a feeling we’re going to be writing about CoPilot a lot over the next few months, years, and however long it sticks around (forever), but this article by Jeremy Howard at Fast.ai does a pretty good job of nailing on the head just how… meh? It feels to some of us currently.
- 10 Papers every developer should read at least twice. (You know, when time exists).
Content & SEO
- Measuring the impact that social media interactions, follows and shares have on SEO rankings is still far from an exact science. That doesn’t make it any less important to creatively integrate social media with your overall content strategy. Look out for a piece on socials and smart content diversification later this month!
Around the Techno-Sphere
- Europe's Quest to Fix the Internet: an interesting look at how governments and big tech continue to interact. At Eightfold, we continue to work with more clients with an international presence, and the way domestic and foreign government regulations affect clients is definitely something that we will continue to keep an eye on moving forward. Interesting to consider what role governments should have to protect consumers and both the good and possibly bad regulations will hold.
- How to Learn Stuff Quickly is an interesting read on how to be a better learner… quickly.